The long sandy organised beach of Rethymno is only 4 km away. Rethymno beach is located 500m east of the city centre and it is a beach with golden sand and crystal clear shallow water, very well organized and close to all amenities of the city. It offers numerous beach bars, restaurants and cafes that offer umbrellas with sun beds, showers and changing rooms. Additionally on Rethymno’s beach you may find water sports facilities. Furthermore, there is a boardwalk which is ideal for afternoon walks by the sea, or simply shopping or dining.
Also, the closest beaches to the villa that we suggest you visit are
- Adelianos Kampos Beach (5 km): Nearest sandy beach.The beach is very well organised with umbrellas, lifeguards, showers and beach bars.
- Spilies Beach (11 km): is a pebbly beach with crystal clear deep waters, protected by vertical cliffs. Characteristic of the cove are the beautiful cavernous rocks that protect the small beach on the west. Beyond the west and the east end of the beach, there are several sea caves and rocks with amazing formations. On the beach there are some umbrellas and beds and a small canteen.
- Panormo village (18 km): This coastal village offers three beaches : The small beach right in front of the settlement's harbour is sandy and ideal for children due to its shallow waters. It is also organized and protected by winds. The second, main beach is also sandy and wind protected with many sun-beds an umbrellas. Finally, the third beach, to the eastern side of the other two, is a small pebbled cove ideal for seclusion and snorkeling.
- Bali beach (28 km): Nestling in the surrounding mountains of the bay of Bali you will find the coastal village of the same name 34 km east of Rethymno. Visitors may choose from which of the small inlets to enjoy bathing at organised sandy beaches. The area offers a large number of tavernas and shops.
- Episkopi beach (23.3 km): The sea in this area is regarded to be the cleanest and most beautiful on the North coast. Even in the high summer season, you can easily find a secluded spot on your own or a strip with sun beds and parasols, if that is what you prefer. There are several taverns and beach bars directly on the beach which they all are very popular to the locals and they are quite lively during the week-ends.
- Georgiopouli beach (31 km): With pure sand and clean, shallow waters, Giorgioupolis beach is fully organized with sunbeds, umbrellas, lifeguard and tavernas all around. The highlight of the area is Kournas Lake and the sweet water bursting from various spots on the beach. Do not miss out to have a walk up to Perastikos river, which divides the beach into two. At the point where Perastikos ends up to the sea, the waters are very cool and the vegetation around are unique. Take care of the sea currents and the waves on windy days.
On the South coast of the island you can also discover some of Crete’s most amazing natural beaches such as “Schinaria”, “Damnoni”, “Triopetra”, “Agios Pavlos” and "Preveli". The distance to the South coast from the villa is about 45 minutes by car and all the above beaches are located near to Plakias village where you can find shops and many taverns.